Gorilla Super Glue Pen
- EASY APPLICATION & COMFORTABLE HOLD: Dispenses super glue in an uninterrupted line, while applying little pressure.
- IMPACT TOUGH®: Reinforced with increased impact resistance and strength
- FAST-SETTING: Dries in 10-45 seconds, no clamping required.
- ANTI CLOG CAP: Keeps super glue from drying out. It’s Gorilla Tough use after use.
- VERSATILE: Bonds plastic*, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper and more!
*Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastic or similar materials.
1. Protect Work Area From Spills
2. Clean and Dry Surfaces to Be Bonded
3. Open by placing the blue cap onto top opening of pen. Turn cap clockwise until it no longer turns. The white base of the blue cap should not be visible when fully attached.
4. Remove blue cap by turning counter clockwise to reveal the nozzle.
5. Dispense the glue by pressing the orange button. The harder you push, the more glue will dispense.
6. Apply a small amount of Gorilla® Super Glue to one surface. Excess glue can cause delayed or failed bond. One drop of super glue covers 25mm x 25mm
7. Secure Press two surfaces together for 10 45 seconds to achieve bond. Note that gaps and uneven surfaces may cause delayed bonding.
For First Aid and SDS information, click here
Applications Temperature: Room temperature
Service Temperature: 53° to 104° C
Cured Color: Clear
Storage Tips: Store in a cool, dry location as high temperature and humidity can cause premature aging. Do not store in refrigerator. Store away from children and animals.
Gap Filling: No
How is Gorilla Super Glue different than Gorilla Glue?
Gorilla Super Glue is a cyanoacrylate adhesive, while Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane. Unlike Gorilla Glue, Gorilla Super Glue does not require extended clamp time or moisture to activate. It does not foam during set up. In addition, Gorilla Super Glue is recommended primarily for indoor applications only and is ideal for smaller repairs that require an instant bond and projects where clamping is not needed.
What does Impact Tough™ mean?
Gorilla Super Glue is designed with a reinforced formula to handle bumps and drops with a strong, reliable bond.
Will Gorilla Super Glue bond plastic/vinyl/rubber?
Gorilla Super Glue has been engineered to achieve excellent results on difficult to bond substrates. It is formulated to bond a wide range of similar and dissimilar materials including most plastics, metals, elastomers, wood, and porous surfaces. Gorilla Super Glue requires some absorbed moisture on the bonding surfaces to cure. Certain difficult to bond plastics, such as polyethylene and polypropylene, have little to no moisture and will not form good bonds.
How do I remove Gorilla Super Glue from body/skin or separate bonded body/skin?
To remove Gorilla Super Glue from your skin, soak the bonded area in warm, soapy water. Acetone may also be used according to the solvent manufacturer’s instructions (fingernail polish remover works well.) The key is to be patient and NEVER pull the area apart. Gently wiggle the bonded area to allow the soapy water or acetone to penetrate the bond. After soaking, the adhesive should come off easily. Keep in mind that acetone can strip your skin of oils, so apply moisturiser after removal.
How do I remove Gorilla Super Glue from my surface?
To remove uncured Gorilla Super Glue, use a towel dampened with acetone or isopropyl alcohol to blot the area. Several applications may be necessary to completely remove the uncured glue. For removal of cured Gorilla Super Glue from the surface of your project, soak bonded area with warm soapy water or acetone. The adhesive should begin to soften, but many applications may be necessary. Keep in mind that isopropyl alcohol and acetone can damage some surface materials, such as countertops and some plastics. Always test in a small, unseen area first.
Is Gorilla Super Glue food safe?
Gorilla Super Glue is not intended for any application with direct or indirect food contact and should not be stored near food or in the refrigerator. Gorilla Super Glue contains no solvents, but has a strong odor. To avoid irritation, use in areas that have adequate air movement and ventilation.
What should I do if I think a human or animal ingested Gorilla Super Glue?
For medical emergencies, call the phone number of Australian Poisons Information Centre. Additional product safety and information can be found here.